Locations: Framingham MA, Raleigh NC, Tampa FL
Seeking an energetic civil or electrical engineer who will be responsible for transmission and distribution line designs from the initial conceptual / feasibility study and cost estimating phase through detailed design, installation, and startup phases. You will perform work as well as help plan and direct the work of other engineers and designers engaged in delivering the design and installation of new and modified high and medium voltage transmission and distribution lines. The work will entail preparing high and medium voltage transmission and distribution line physical and routing drawings. This position will be engaged in the preparation of transmission and distribution line routing and design drawings, details, and bills of material as well as equipment procurement/fabrication, installation, and testing specifications, bid documents, bid evaluations, and subcontract management.
Responsibilities will involve engineering tasks associated with the design of high-voltage electrical transmission lines. These tasks will include:
- Minimum 10 -12 yrs. experience
- BS degree in Electrical or Civil Engineering
- Registered PE License
- Utility and/or consulting engineering firm experience is essential
- High voltage projects from 230kV - 500 kV
- PLS CADD, PLS-Pole, PLS-Tower, LPILE ; excellent proficiency in at least 1 of these
- Experience with Underground (UG) transmission lines is a plus
- Distribution Line experience is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- route selection
- material specifying
- construction bid document preparation
- design/construction liaison
Salary: $DOE. Comprehensive benefits. Must be authorized to work in US.
PE License - FULL-TIME POSITION!