Production Supervisor – 3rd Shift
an experienced Production Supervisor with extensive experience supervising all phases of plant operations including: employee safety, product quality, execution scheduling, cost management, and regulatory compliance (ISO/FDA).
If the answer is yes, we urge you to consider this production supervisor position where you will manage the day to day operations of a Fortune 500, leading manufacturer of branded healthcare products within the physical therapy and wellness markets. A TYPICAL WEEK AS THE PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR WILL INCLUDE:
THE PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR MUST POSSESS:
- Overseeing a growing manufacturing team through establishing employee priorities, monitoring employee progress, resolving plant problems and reporting the results to upper leadership.
- Achieving production results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; coaching, counseling and disciplining associates; recommending, assisting in developing and consistently enforcing policies and procedures.
- Coordinating the hiring and training of all manufacturing personnel
- Collaborating with other shift supervisors to achieve consistency and best practice production results
- Collaborating with the purchasing team to develop and improve supplier relationships and to ensure materials for production are here on time to meet the production schedule.
- Reviewing product consistency while monitoring scrap rates to determine trends and areas of improvement.
- Reviewing established production schedules for all manufacturing departments to ensure 100% schedule attainment while operating at the highest efficiency possible.
- Ensuring all production records are properly maintained
- Maintaining the plant manufacturing labor budget
- Monitoring operation expenses to ensure product quality remains high while striving to reduce costs
- Working closely with the Environmental Health and Safety Manager to ensure all members of the manufacturing team are aware of safety policies to provide a safe workplace for employees.
- Removing production constraints; allocate human and equipment resources and direct production employees to attain all established goals.
- Removing waste and constraints from the production process to improve efficiencies and enhance productivity.
IN RETURN, THE ORGANIZATION IS OFFERING
- 5+ years progressive experience in a leadership/supervisory role at a manufacturing facility
- 5+ years of labor management experience within a manufacturing environment
- 3+ years of experience using continuous improvement/lean tools such as; Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, Transactional Lean, etc. to drive improvement.
- 2+ years of experience working with OSHA, GMP, EHS, and Quality Systems and 5S programs
- Bachelor Degree + 5 years of experience OR 10+ years of manufacturing leadership experience
- Working experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and/or Access)
- Strong understanding of the principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations, maintenance, and engineering.
- Prior experience working within FDA compliant (cGMP) medical device manufacturing facility will be given first consideration.
- Prior experience and/or certification in Six Sigma, Green Belt or Black Belt certification or lean manufacturing will be given first consideration.
- Willing and able to relocate to Akron, Ohio
- A competitive salary range, of $60,000 - $70,000/year, plus a full benefits package including: Health and dental plan, employer paid Short-term and Long-term disability, life insurance, a 401 plan, paid time off (including your birthday), wellness program, volunteer paid time off (PTO) and carpooling services.
- A position where your skills and experience are utilized and appreciated by a top rated, publicly traded employer.
- Collaborative and innovative working environment that promotes all levels of interaction and values the skills and sales experience you bring.