San Francisco, CA
$180,000 - $195,000
$86.53 - $93.75
Mar 27, 2017
Plans, organizes, directs, evaluates & coordinates inpatient-nursing srvs w/in a srv line. Collaborates w/KFHP/H & the Medical Group staff in the development & execution of strategic plans, providing quality care, & managing cost-effective srvs which are aligned w/fed, state, & local regulations. Responsible for achieving the strategic vision for nursing in their assigned areas of accountability. Responsible for the quality of nursing care & srvs to patients in their assigned areas of responsibility. Accountable for the following areas dependent upon medical center beds & srvs offered: Adult Srvs: Med Surg, Dialysis, Clinical Dietician, Critical Care, TCU, RT, ED if applicable. Maternal Child Health: Labor&Delivery, Pediatrics, PICU, NICU, Maternity, & Normal Newborns (may be combined w/Perioperative). Perioperative: OR, PACU, Central Sterile, Ambulatory Surgery Centers (may be combined w/MCH).Maintains key Relationships w/Clinical & Administrative Dir peers, Chiefs of Srv, other Dept Dirs reporting to Asst Admins for clinical & operations, Reg’l PCS, AMGAs, community peers.
• Collaborates w/CNO & other medical center Mgmt in identifying & implementing innovative models & best practices w/an emphasis on quality of care, srv improvements & cost reduction.
• W/TPMG partner, directs development & implementation of quality & utilization standards across the continuum of care to ensure coordinated plans of treatment, patient focused delivery of srvs & cost effective utilization of necessary srvs. Builds trust w/ the nursing team through visibility.
• Coordinates w/TPMG to provide for the seamless transition of patients across the continuum of care. Establishes partnerships w/facility leadership groups. In collaboration w/medical staff & facility leadership ensures a superior care experience & a safe environment w/patients & staff. Ensures policies, practices, & procedures comply w/administrative, legal & regulatory requirements of the Health Plan contract & governmental & accrediting agencies.
• Provides clinical & professional oversight for areas of accountability.
• Assures successful implementation of organizational strategies such as Hospital Efficiency, Work Place Safety, Supply Cost Initiative including OR Back-log, Patient satisfaction.
• Through the hiring, retention, & development of internal staff in areas of accountability, achieves staffing ratios & optimal patient outcomes w/minimal dependence on premium pay (overtime & registry/traveler staff).
• Mentors nursing Mrgs in development of leadership skills, fiscally accountable staffing/scheduling practices, professional development of staff, & outcomes based practice.
• Oversees the development of Dept standards as identified by regulatory agencies including policies & procedures.
• Develops srvs that achieve a high level of customer satisfaction w/emphasis on customer srv, highest standards of quality & innovation.
• Maintains a state of continuous regulatory readiness.
• Manages & resolves human resource, labor relations, employee & Dept safety & risk Mgmt issues.
• Enhances nursing practice & patient outcomes through the effective use of clinical practice & GRASP committees.
• Participates in developing the hospital's plan for the recruitment & retention of nursing resources to ensure that a sufficient number of qualified staff members are available to meet the needs of the patients.
• Utilizes research data to implement clinical changes & the delivery of patient care & member srvs.
• Accesses KP Health Connect to evaluate the quality of care provided. Uses KP Health Connect to manage clinical operations.
• This job description is not all encompassing.
• Minimum eight (8) years of nursing experience in patient care.
• Minimum five (5) years of management experience required.
• BSN or bachelor's degree in health care related field required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Current California RN license required.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrate ability to lead and manage through influence and change.
• Demonstrate knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations such as: Knox-Keene Act, Federal HMO Act, Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and all applicable Medicare and Medi-Cal regulations.
• Proven ability to deliver results for meeting organizational objectives
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Master's degree in nursing, health care, public administration, or business administration preferred.
Strong preference for MSN Outstanding leadership experience in an OR environment
Ability to manage teams of multiple unions Ability to manage/direct teams in both Inpatient and Outpatient settings Strong communication and team building skills - experience training/mentoring others Educator background a plus
Position report to:
Head of Hospital - Chief Nursing Office/Chief Operating Officer